Today was the first community livestream. This was pre-recorded but in the future these will be live once I figure out some more techy details.
- Welcome everyone to the Expat Rebel community Livestream. This was pre-recorded but in the future these will be live once I figure out some more techy details.
- Ethan for Internet access question – check the channel for a video I did about that.
- Thanks for all the comments:
- Sophie, Green, Ricardo, Emmelie, Rafael, Judy, Andyia, MX, Jacobi, Joy, dreamers, carlos, and Madeline.
- Big thank you to Yucatan Expat Life for featuring me recently.
- Thank you to Lana for sending me some articles that Expats would enjoy. I’ll include them in the next Expat Rebel Newsletter that comes out next week. Join that at ExpatRebel.com so that you get a notification of the latest video plus the latest Expat news articles I only include in the newsletter.
- My latest video is my first house tour of a two bedroom, 3 bath two-storey home in Centro Merida. I’ll have some more in the future. https://youtu.be/OPgDFhRRUZk
- My most viewed video is on what the lockdown was like in Merida Yucatan Mexico where I lived for two months before coming back to the beach. Check that out. ttps://youtu.be/Ew8YCTHfz54
- If you’re an Expat or Digital Nomad and a US Citizen check out my video on how to vote from abroad. Some of the deadlines are coming up. https://youtu.be/7TbTWfY6sew
- Thank you to Joyce congratulating me on my next book “Playa del Carmen Guidebook” it comes out Tuesday and is available for pre-order on Amazon right now. https://amzn.to/3cBqaE1
- I’m working on a home tour of a beach home I recently stayed in Chixculub Yucatan Mexico. So look forward to that.
- Send me ideas for videos you would like to see.
- great question from Cheryl about what was open here in Mexico. Restaurants, stores are open just reduced hours. Ancient ruins have opened back up but only some and you’re not allowed to stop, sit or meditate. So waiting on that to change before going.
- Should I come to Mexico? Yes, we are open with standard standard protocols. Masks in public are required and not everything is open. More details in the video.
Make sure you join the Expat Rebel newsletter at ExpatRebel.com. The newsletter comes out every week, typically on Wednesday and includes the latest weekly video plus some Expat articles I’ve read the last week which are included only in the
Again, thank you everyone for supporting the channel by liking and subscribing. I really appreciate each of you for supporting my vision of a great Expat and Digital Nomad channel.
If you would like to support the channel some more checkout the donation page on ExpatRebel.com. All funds will goto making the channel better.
Once I’m more comfortable with using this streaming software I will be doing this community video as a livestream every Friday or Saturday. So look forward to that.
Leave me a comment on what day of the week you would like the livestream. Any day but Sunday is fine with me. My weekly recorded videos are usually on Wednesday depending on how much editing is required so keep that in mind.
Don’t forget to like, subscribe and hit that bell notifications so you don’t miss out on future videos. And don’t forget to subscribe to the Expat Rebel Newsletter at ExpatRebel.com.
See you next time.
Expat Rebel host Christopher Sherrod is an American Expat currently living in Chixculub Yucatan Mexico on the beach.
Expat Chris is from the San Diego, CA area and first came to stay in Mexico in October 2016 a month before the US Presidential election. He and his love choose Playa del Carmen due to a friend getting married a month later at a nearby resort. The trip was the start of slowing traveling around the world. Chris had a health scare in the US and choose to live out his remaining days slowly seeing the world.
He learned how to chill out living in Mexico and also got some alternative health care that changed his health outlook. Mexico helped him recover and live life to it’s fullest.
They heard that the Yucatan Beach communities had lots of beach homes which all of Quintana Roo have barely any so choose to move to Chixculub.
Chris got into filmmaking as a hobby while recovering from two brain seizures and started sharing his Expat Life. Expat Rebel came out of that.