Welcome back to Expat News by Expat Rebel. Here’s a weekly digest to keep you updated on the Expat World. If you were forwarded this message, you can get the free weekly email here.
In this issue:
- US Passport new process, Quintana Roo is most popular vacation place in the world, public affection in Latin America and more Expat News
I’m back from Puerto Adventuras Quintana Roo. I had a lovely week vacationing there. It’s a 4.5 hour drive from my home in Yucatán State. We’ve made our home our own resort with pool, hot tub, steam room on the beach so vacationing is mostly seeing new sights and eating at different restaurants.
- In the middle of a crisis due to delays, the US offers a new way to process the passport – if you don’t have a passport yet, get one
- Quintana Roo leads the preference of world travelers – Cancun, Playa and Tulum are the most popular destinations
- Food prices register up to 10% increase due to inflation in Mexico – we have noticed that some food items are up 30% since the pandemic started, it’s an issue everywhere
- Mexico beats Costa Rica 2-0 to advance to Gold Cup semifinals
- Chocantes Caves of Tekax, one of the most beautiful attractions of the magical town – new magic town here in Yucatán México has gorgeous caves
- What’s with all the public smooching in Ecuador and the rest of Latin America? Conservative family values mean young lovers can’t do it at home – public displays of affection is actually more in Latin America due to having to do it in public parks because no room for it at home
- Muxes: Celebrating the third gender in Mexico – gender debate has been around a long-time, nice story about one area here in México that has had it for a long-time
- Star Wars en México, prepárate para un desfile fuera de este mundo – (in Spanish) yes there are Star Wars fans in México and other Spanish speaking countries.
- Exploring Visa Options: A Comprehensive Research Example - September 20, 2023
- Venice will give day-tripper fee a test run, Delta Overhauls SkyMiles, Independence Day In México, and more Expat News - September 16, 2023
- The End of Airbnb in New York, Costa Rica: Increased Period of Stay to 180 days for some visitors, 7 Countries Where You Can Afford to Retire by the Beach, and more Expat News - September 9, 2023