Welcome back to Expat News by Expat Rebel. Here’s a weekly digest to keep you updated on the Expat World. If you were forwarded this message, you can get the free weekly email here.
In this issue:
- From Fostering to Forever: Adopting Cats in México
- Hurricane season has started, The American Dream Has Moved Overseas, Yucatán México again deemed safest area in Latin America and more Expat News
From Fostering to Forever: Adopting Cats in México
I failed. I had three cats show up in my walled compound here in Yucatán, México, and we choose to foster them and get them healthy.
One we got fostered to an excellent home rather easily. He is a tuxedo boy, and they had another one that wanted a little brother. It’s sweet to see pictures of him in his new forever home, enjoying the good life.
The mom and daughter needed some more socializing before being adopted, and they were pretty close, so we thought they needed to stay together.
- National Hurricane Center – hurricane season is here and you’re going to hear a lot about it (as normal). Some expats post in their local Expat Facebook about every single disturbance and a vast majority never get anyone close to them. Don’t feed into the fear. I don’t pay attention until there is a real chance it may get close to me and I have an escape plan set. I’ve had to do that twice so far. I use this US Government NOAA website to see the facts and forecasts and bypass all the fake drama. Also, it seems that the Pacific side of México get more hurricanes than the east coast.
- Ecuador signs international agreement for the peaceful exploration of space – designed to ensure sustainable and peaceful exploration of the moon and beyond.
- The ‘American Dream’ has moved overseas
- Wine World Cup announced for Mérida in November (in Spanish)
- Due to the US safety downgrade, Mexican airlines have lost over $1 billion USD
- 5% of Mexico’s population belongs to the LGBTIQ+ community (INEGI)
- For the first time in 36 years, a leatherback turtle lays its eggs at Xcacel Xcacelito
- Super peso: Who wins, who loses, and how long will it last?
- Yucatan once again recognized as Mexico’s safest state (In Spanish)
- LGBT Tourism: Playa del Carmen will gather 10 thousand people in the pride march
- UK issues travel alert to 10 Mexican states – I agree with them
- Valentine’s Day Adventures In México: A Romantic Journey Through Mérida, Yucatán - February 17, 2024
- Pitfalls and Precautions: Navigating the Risks of Buying Pre-Construction Real Estate in Expat Friendly Countries - February 10, 2024
- Savoring the Blissful Expat Life in México: A Day of Sun, Sea, Love Poems & Expat News - February 3, 2024